We’ve been providing utility locating services throughout Ontario and western Quebec for over three decades. Our goal is to protect underground infrastructure by accurately and efficiently locating, identifying, and marking utilities so that construction and infrastructure projects can be carried out safely and successfully.
Broccolini Construction Inc.
We’ve used multiVIEW’s utility locating services for various projects in the past and found their staff to be punctual and reliable. They use the most advanced technology on the market and produce highly accurate results. I would highly recommend multiVIEW’s services to any organization requiring utility locates.
Leading experts at locating buried utilities
We’re experts at locating every type of buried utility including:
- fibreoptic, coaxial and other communication lines
- high and low voltage electricity
- high and low pressure gas mains and service lines
- water , sanitary and storm sewer pipes (mains and services)
- switches and pressure plates
- other complex infrastructure
As the largest supplier of private locates across Ontario, we also fulfill numerous multi-year public utility locate contracts. Committed to the highest standards of Safety and Quality, our team is Damage Prevention Technician (DPT) certified and we’re active members of the ORCGA.
Diverse techniques, today’s best technology
Unlike many Locate Service Providers, (LSPs), we can go beyond using basic Electromagnetic (EM) Induction equipment and techniques at a customer’s request. We can bring a wide range of equipment onsite to solve any challenge that might arise. Using non-destructive Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR), we can locate traditionally “un-locatable” utilities such as those made of clay, plastic, PVC materials, or utilities that contain broken tracer wires, when dielectric contrasts are present.
Marking and mapping buried utilities
Once requested utilities have been located, our field technicians will mark the horizontal position of each utility on the project site by:
- Marking the surface area with temporary paint or chalk lines, stakes, and/or flags in the colour code associated with the utility infrastructure.
- Supplying you a not-to-scale Locate Sheet that includes a loose sketch of field locates with report measurements and bearings of fixed utility features in the project area in relation to the building lines, property lines, and/or curb lines, if present.
We’re capable of supplying report upgrades upon request for clearer insight into a specific area of interest:
- Digital Drawings (in AutoCAD / MicroStation format)
- Photo Report of surface utility features
- Sewer Infrastructure Video Report (with the request of a sewer pipe inspection service)
Flexible resourcing, fast mobilization
While adhering to established Canadian Safety Standards, multiVIEW Locates mobilizes field crews quickly, even for distant deployments. Strategically situated from several office locations across Ontario, we guarantee that a Field Supervisor will be available 24/7 on your project.
Our unique approach to resourcing is based on productivity data that’s been collected and optimized for many years. We use this data to inform staff planning, cost estimating, risk management, quality, and audit activities. Aligning this data with auxiliary staffing standards and complex work volume forecasts allows multiVIEW Locates to work more efficiently and results in cost savings that are transferred directly to our customers.
Utility locating services that include thorough damage investigations
If you experience a damage to your utility infrastructure and need an independent investigation, we’re here to help. Our documented Damage Investigation Procedure follows best practices and ensures that our customers receive efficient investigation reporting and unparalleled customer support.
Full locate ticket clearance services
Our utility locating team saves you time and money by coordinating all of the locates required for your project. In addition to field activities, we offer Locate Ticket Clearance services for a variety of customers through our in-house, 24/7 Ticket Clearance call centre located in Mississauga, ON.