Family Academic Bursary Program
Rules and Regulations
To be considered for multiVIEW’s Family Academic Bursary, please read complete rules and regulations.
At multiVIEW Locates (“multiVIEW”), we focus our resources on the things that make a bigger difference in securing our employees career success and satisfaction. The Family Academic Bursary is aimed at providing financial assistance to post-secondary students who are a family member of an eligible multiVIEW employee. This bursary is born as part of our strategy to build a more inclusive community culture that is built on the foundation of empathy, trust, communication, and support.
The Family Academic Bursary is an annual program. The bursary program year is the date in which the academic calendar year commences, but the program does not run during the entire academic or calendar year; it runs annually from April through to November. Please note that dates are reflective of bursary program year. Dates that fall on a weekend, civic or statutory holiday will be postponed to the first business day following that date.
|Application Opens||April 5 after 12:01 a.m. EST|
|Application Deadline||July 30 before 11:59 p.m. EST|
|Selected Winners Notified||August 21|
|Supporting Documentation Deadline||September 4|
|Payment||To be determined by the committee and based on the unique criteria of winning applicant.|
The period of the year during which students attend an education institution, commencing September through to June.
Generic term used to refer to any type of non-repayable award. These include bursaries, grants, and scholarships.
The non-repayable monetary support designed to assist the students who are selected winners from the random draw and that meet the specific eligibility criteria. The term Bursary is interchangeable with the term Grant.
Bursary Program Year
The date that the academic calendar year commences.
A dependent child, spouse, sibling, parent, or any other person (student) related by blood or through marriage and/or adoption (“Family”) of a permanent, full-time multiVIEW Locates (“multiVIEW”) employee. Person (student) must be 17 years of age or older. Person (student) must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, and have confirmation of enrollment with an eligible institution. The family member of the person (student) applying for the bursary must be employed by multiVIEW Locates Inc. at the time of the application and the draw to be eligible to win the bursary. Family members of multiVIEW’s senior management team, trustees, and board members are not eligible for the bursary.
Eligible Government-issued Photo ID
Acceptable valid identification includes: Canadian Passport, Canadian Citizenship Card, Provincial Driver’s License, Canadian Residency Card, Canadian Provincial Health Insurance Plan Card (e.g. OHIP), and Certificate of India Status).
A Canadian-based post-secondary academic institution as approved by the Ministry of Education and Training, such as colleges, universities, and registered private vocational schools.
Person (student) who completed and submitted an application for a chance to win a Family Academic Bursary. The term Entrant is interchangeable with the term Applicant, Person or Student.
The following persons (students) are NOT eligible to receive a bursary at any time during or after application submission:
- employees of multiVIEW and its subsidiaries,
- family members of multiVIEW’s senior management team, trustees, and board members,
- multiVIEW employee family members under the age of seventeen (17),
- previous winners of the Family Academic Bursary program,
- entrants that are not a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident,
- residents from the province of Quebec,
- applicants that are not enrolled or cannot provide proof of enrollment in a post-secondary program at an eligible institution for the Family Academic Bursary program academic year,
- selected winners that incorrectly answer the mathematical skill-testing question,
- applicants found providing illegible, incomplete, mechanically reproduced, forged, falsified, altered or tampered documentation or information, and
- is found to behave in any way that multiVIEW, at its sole discretion, deems inappropriate.
A family member who is employed by multiVIEW Locates Inc. on a full-time basis and has been employed for a minimum of twelve (12) months prior to the bursary application deadline date.
This includes all documentation and/or information required for bursary eligibility as outlined in the Family Academic Bursary full “Rules and Regulations”, such as proof of post-secondary enrollment, proof of Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Residency, signing of “Release and Consent to Publicity Form”, and correctly answering multiVIEW’s assigned mathematical skill-testing question.
Rules and Regulations
- Five (5) bursaries of up to $1,000.00 CAD each are available to be won. Each award will be disbursed as a one lump sum and will cover the cost of a one-year program or the total program for up to a maximum of $1,000.00 CAD, whichever is less.
- Enter the Family Academic Bursary program (the “Bursary Program”) at https://www.multiview.ca/careers-job-postings/family-academic-bursary-program/ between 12:01 a.m. EST on April 5th and 11:59 p.m. EST on July 30th, (the “Bursary Program application deadline”) for a chance to win a bursary.
- Only one entry per person will be accepted. The person named on the entry must be the recipient of the bursary, if won. Multiple entries under this rule will be considered duplicate entries, and only one entry will qualify for the draw.
- Entrants must be a legal resident of Canada who are enrolled in a private or public post-secondary school (University, College or Vocational School) on a full-time or part-time basis for the Bursary Program academic year to be eligible to win a bursary.
- The entrant, must be a child, relative, dependent or household members of a full-time multiVIEW employee (“multiVIEW Affiliate”) that has been employed for a minimum term of twelve (12) months to qualify for the Bursary Program, and the multiVIEW affiliate must be employed at time of application and the random draw to be eligible to win a bursary.
- Children, dependents, relatives or household members of multiVIEW directors, trustees or board members are not eligible to enter.
- Entrants are only eligible to receive one bursary throughout the lifetime of the Bursary Program.
- Entrants must enter their contact information, being their first and last name, phone number (residential or cell phone), email address, and mailing address (“mandatory information”) before they can be entered into the Bursary Program and eligible to win a bursary. Failing to complete the mandatory information means the applicant will not be entered into the Bursary Program to win a bursary.
- A total of five (5) separate and random draws will be made on or about August 19 of the Bursary Program year for the bursaries from all eligible entries submitted by mail or email by the Bursary Program application deadline date. Each separate and random draw will take place in Mississauga, Ontario.
- The selected winners will be notified by phone and email using the information entered into the Bursary Program application form.
- Before being declared a winner of a bursary, selected winners will be required to:
- Submit an official statement from their academic institution confirming enrolment on a full-or part-time basis for the upcoming school year.
- Answer a mathematical, skill-testing question correctly.
- Sign a Recipient Release and Consent to Publicity Form (“Release and Consent”).
- By signing the Release and Consent, the selected winner agrees to have their name, their program or degree enrolled in, the city where residing and photo posted on multiVIEW’s website and any related social media platforms. The winner also agrees to give multiVIEW permission to use this information along with their image, audio and/or a video/testimonial, comments and/or photograph for general publicity purposes without further consent or compensation, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media and social media, including, but not limited to, print media, the Internet, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, and multiVIEW’s website, and in any publicity or advertising carried out by multiVIEW in the promotion of, and in any matters related to, multiVIEW and the Bursary Program.
- If the selected winner is not at least eighteen (18) years of age as of the date of winning, they must have their legal parent, guardian, trustee or custodian, and/or legal advisor review and explain the terms of the Release and Consent to them before signing it. The selected winner’s parent, legal guardian, trustee or custodian must date and sign the Release and Consent, under the section, “If the above-named is under the age 18”, in front of a multiVIEW designated witness.
- Should any of the selected winners: i) not provide an official statement from their academic institution confirming enrolment, ii) incorrectly answer the skill-testing question, iii) fail to return a completed, signed and witnessed Release and Consent within fourteen (14) calendar days from the date the selected winner was originally notified of the requirements, they will be deemed ineligible to receive the bursary. If a selected winner be found to have previously received a bursary from the Bursary Program, they will be immediately disqualified from winnings. Should any of these events occur, another randomly selected winner will be chosen. This process will continue until five (5) winners are declared.
- Official statements from academic institutions are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, incomplete, mechanically reproduced, forged, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way.
- Only the eligible winners of a bursary will be notified by a multiVIEW Bursary Program designator.
- Awards will be made by cheque in Canadian funds payable to the either the bursary winner or bursary winner’s post-secondary institution of enrollment. Cheque recipient will be determined and based on enrollment payment status at time issuance.
- A list of the annual bursary winners will be posted at https://www.multiview.ca/ by end of December of each Bursary Program calendar year.
- The odds of winning are dependent on the number of eligible entries received by the annual Bursary Program application deadline date.
- It is the sole responsibility of the entrant to notify the Bursary Program Department in writing if the entrant has changed his or her mailing address and/or contact information should the entrant still wishes to be included in the number of eligible entries in the Bursary Program. Entrants are to advise changes to their contact information to multiVIEW’s Bursary Program Department indicated at the end of these rules.
- Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, incomplete, mechanically reproduced, forged, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way.
- Any and all taxes on any bursary awarded, including but not limited to, income taxes, and any incidental expenses associated with collection of the bursary, are the sole responsibility of the bursary winner. No substitutions will be made for the bursary except at the discretion of multiVIEW. All fees, including but not limited to, Internet fees, transactional fees, down-loading fees, up-loading fees, accessories, application fees, Wi-Fi costs, roaming charges, costs of programs, long distance charges, associated with entering the Bursary Program and completing the requirements to win the bursary are at the sole cost of the entrant and are not the responsibility of multiVIEW.
- In the event that a winner is unable to attend an eligible institution because of: i) Illness, ii) entering the armed forces, or iii) any contingency approved by multiView Bursary Program designators, the payment may be postponed and the money shall remain the property of multiVIEW Locates Inc.
- multiVIEW is not responsible for any entries that are lost, late, damaged, destroyed, misdirected or delayed by government postal services or any courier company, and any computer or technical malfunctions that may occur in the processing, transmission or receipt of entries.
- multiVIEW shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Bursary Program.
- By participating in the Bursary Program, all entrants agree to be bound by these rules and regulations and declare that the information they provide to support their entry is true and correct.
- The random draw for winners will be conducted by an independent team comprised of multiVIEW staff members not related to eligible entrants (the “Bursary Program Committee”).
- All decisions of the Bursary Program Committee are final and binding on the entrants in all matters relating to the Bursary Program, the eligibility requirements and the program’s selection process.
- multiVIEW reserves the right to administer the Bursary Program as required, including the right to withdraw, terminate, suspend, cancel or modify all or part of the Bursary Program including the eligibility requirements at any time and without notice for any reason whatsoever or if it determines that for any reason the Bursary Program cannot be run as originally planned, including, but not limited to, technical failure or corruption, computer virus, bugs, computer, electronic or system malfunction, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or any other factor(s) or cause(s) beyond multiVIEW’s control which in multiVIEW’s opinion compromises the fairness or integrity of the Bursary Program and/or affects the administration, security, or proper conduct of this Bursary Program as contemplated by these official rules.
- multiVIEW is not responsible for any theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; failures or malfunctions of electronic data transmission, telephones, telephone lines or telephone systems, interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections, any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in any transmission or communication; traffic congestion on the Internet or for any technical problem, including but not limited to any injury or damage to the entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in this Bursary Program; the cancellation, suspension or pre-emption of games, injuries or timing errors, electronic or equipment failure or other communication problems occurring in connection with participation in this Bursary Program nor is it responsible for any transmission of viruses from any multiVIEW website to a computer system or if any whole entry system crashes resulting in the Bursary Program being cancelled or other problems or errors of any kind whether mechanical, human, electronic or otherwise.
- If, as a result of an error relating to the entry process, entry, entry count, drawing or any other aspect of the Bursary Program, there are more winners drawn than contemplated in these rules, there will be a random draw amongst all eligible Bursary claimants after the Bursary Program application deadline date to award the applicable Bursaries.
- multiVIEW, the Bursary Program Committee, and any of their parents, affiliates, agents, and contractors, including advertising, sponsoring and promotional agencies, and their directors, trustees, officers and employees expressly disclaim and shall be held free of all responsibility or liability for any loss or damage in respect to the Bursary howsoever caused by, any act, error, omission, injury, loss, accident, delay or the neglect or default of any company or person providing any service for the Bursary Program, whether through providers negligence or otherwise, or due to cancellations, adverse weather conditions, loss of personal belongings, illness, bodily injury, accident, death, deterioration of services, inconvenience, loss of enjoyment, disappointment or frustration, either mental or physical due to any Acts of God, force majeure or third party wrong doing, epidemic, social or political disturbances or due to any cause whatsoever occurring during the Bursary Program and the use of the Bursary by the recipient.
- To address any questions or comments, make any changes to an address or contact information: i) call multiVIEW at 1-800-363-3116 and ask for the Bursary Program Department and/or the Bursary Program designator, or ii) write to multiVIEW’s head office via email at email@example.com or by mail at 325 Matheson Blvd. E., Mississauga ON L4Z 1X8 – attention: Bursary Program Department
- Caution: Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage multiVIEW’s website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Bursary Program is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, multiVIEW reserves the right to seek damages from any such entrant to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- The Bursary Program is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.
- For information on the Bursary Program winners, visit multiVIEW’s website at https://www.multiview.ca/utility-locating-news-media/