multiVIEW Locates Inc. is a professional services firm that’s been in business for 30 years. We specialize in Subsurface Utility Engineering (SUE), Vacuum Excavation, Private & Public Utility Locating, Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) Concrete Scanning, Ticket Look Up & Screening, GIS & CAD Infrastructure Records Management, and Near-surface Geophysics. For three decades, we’ve collected, integrated, analyzed, prepared and delivered subsurface data to empower thousands of construction, geotechnical, engineering, architectural and environmental projects. We’re looking for dedicated Technicians to join our growing team.
Reporting to the Field Supervisor, this Subsurface Utility Engineering Technician will use a variety of methods and equipment to locate, mark and record sub-surface features in multiple settings. Technicians support the Subsurface Utility Engineering division at multiVIEW.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Operate Total Station and other Survey Systems, typically Trimble
- Operate electromagnetic induction locating equipment with all accessories
- Collect Field data at a variety of sites, including utility data, invert measurements and other survey data
- Operate Ground Penetrating Radar Equipment, 250mhz, 500mhz, 1000mhz.
- Keep accurate records (Quality Forms, Site Inspections, Reporting, etc.)
- Assist with processing associated field data sets
- Support CAD Technicians with report preparation
- Travel to other cities/areas is required; work in a variety of settings and work site conditions.
- Work evenings, weekends or out-of-town as required.
- Read, interpret and augment maps with notes.
- Operate a PC.
- Other duties as required.
Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum 2 years utility locating experience required.
- ORCGA DPT certified an asset.
- Self-organizing and able to multi-task.
- Experience dealing directly with customers.
- Strong communication and team skills.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Clean driving license.
- Able to work on job sites outside for long periods.
- First Aid and Confined Space Training an asset.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive Hourly Rates
- Company Health Benefits
- Paid Training
- Education Reimbursement Allowance
- Work boot Allowance
- Winter Coat Allowance
- Defined Profit Sharing Program – Retirement Savings Plan
How to Apply
multiVIEW Locates Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To confidentially apply, please email your cover letter, resume and salary expectations to email@example.com or click below: Apply Now
We appreciate all expressed interest in this position, however, only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.