Damage Prevention Technician, Mississauga, ON
multiVIEW Locates Inc. specializes in utility data collection, mapping and management services across Ontario since 1989. As a professional Engineering and Geophysics firm, we’re experts at applying geophysical techniques and technologies to capture, interpret and present subsurface information that enables our clients/customers to mitigate costs associated with project redesign, construction delays, and the risk and liability that can result from damaged underground utilities.
Employee welfare is core to everything we do at multiVIEW. We are committed to ethics and integrity in all dealings with respect to employee welfare, and consistently follow these core principles:
- Employees are Treated With Dignity, Respect and Fairness
- Recruitment Practices are Ethical, Legal, Voluntary and Free From Discrimination
- Working Conditions are Safe and Healthy
- Wage and Benefit Agreements are Respected and Transparent
- Escalation Mechanisms and Access to Remedy are Readily Available
All employees of multiVIEW are protected by these policy sections.
Travelling to a variety of worksites daily, Damage Prevention Technicians use a variety of methods and equipment to locate, mark and record underground utilities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Collection of field data operating electromagnetic induction locating equipment with all accessories.
- Read project sheets and perform project safety site inspections.
- Read, interpret and augment maps with notes.
- Drive service vehicle and maintain inventory and safe storage of equipment.
- Travel to other cities/areas, work in a variety of settings and work site conditions.
- Work evenings, weekends or out-of-town on occasion.
- Operate a computer.
- Create digital locate sketches.
- Take photos of locates.
- Other duties as required
Skills & Qualifications
- Clean driver’s license
- ORCGA DPT trained, an asset
- Self-organizing and able to multi-task
- Experience dealing directly with customers
- Strong communication and team skills
- Criminal Record Check Required
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to work on job sites outside for long periods
Compensation & Benefits
- Industry Leading Hourly Rates with Tenure and Experience Pay Grids
- Monthly Performance Payment Program
- Company Paid Health & Dental Benefits
- Defined Profit Sharing Program – Retirement Savings Plan
- Family Bursary Program
- Employee Welfare Commitment
- Training and Advancement Opportunities
How to apply
To confidentially apply, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or click below. multiVIEW Locates Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Apply Now
We appreciate all expressed interest in this position, however, only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.