Our RoadMap service is a ground-coupled GPR solution that provides a cost-effective method to examine the subsurface conditions of roads and bridges, and deliver insights into deterioration, cracking, delamination, corrosion and other factors that may otherwise remain undetected. It reveals subsurface anomalies at the inception stage, before they become a threat to structural integrity.
The ground-coupled technology yields extremely high resolution data which is collected at posted speeds, often reducing or completely eliminating the need for traffic control. After the information is captured, it is incorporated into geo-referenced maps combined with a signal amplitude index that illustrates areas of potential deterioration. This can then be transformed into a valuable layer for a CAD or GIS system.
This supports more informed planning around design, rehabilitation and project prioritization which in turn, improves infrastructure reliability. In fact, in 2005, the U.S. Transportation Research Board launched a body of research known as the Strategic Highway Research Program (SHRP2) which concluded that capturing data via non-destructive techniques serves to prevent the premature and unexpected failure of roads and bridge decks.
Our RoadMap GPR service includes:
· Bridge and concrete deterioration analyses
· Reinforcement bar mapping and density mapping
· Post tension cable and bridge structural imaging
· PCC and asphalt thickness measurements
· Road granular base depth measurements
· Concrete crack and dowel locating with or without asphalt overlay
· New concrete structure inspection – void detection
· Utility detection and mapping, conduit tracing and blockage locating
Benefits of RoadMap GPR: